Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little "appetite" but still eating a lot?

I'm not sure how to explain it but i kind of feel like i've had little appetite in food, in that i look in the fridge and i have no interest and/or energy to make things (like salad, cereal, sandwiches, etc) and they don't seem appealing at all, even if i am actually painfully hungry. but, i will definitely over eat on other things, like chips w/ melted cheddar on it, McDonalds, restaurant food, some candies, big bowls of ice cream, etc. But, i usually eat whenever i'm watching like a movie on my computer. I don't think i ever eat unless I'm "occupied" with a book or movie or something cause it doesn't feel right to me. And when i watch a show i want to eat something bad, and i feel pretty shi**y if i can't get food to snack on. I know it's not healthy and i do definitely over eat and comfort eat, but i just don't understand if I'm interpreting myself correctly. Can i really not have a appetite and/or interest in food, even when i'm physically hungry, but still really want to eat food at the same time for obviously unhealthy emotional reasons (and i know this cause i have a score of other emotional problems)? isn't that a paradox thing, to not want and to want at the same time? i'm just not sure i'm understanding myself and if what i'm describing is possible. any advice/input would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment